Back to: Jss2 Computer Science – ICT (BST)
Topic: Creating E-Mail Account
WEEK: 7 & 8
Creating E-Mail Account
To create an email account, you need to have a unique login name and password ready. Your login name is your email address, which usually takes the form of [email protected], where the “name” is your chosen identifier and “provider.com” is the website of the email service provider. Most email providers do not allow spaces in between your chosen identifier, but you may use an underscore (_) instead.
Create an Email Account Using Yahoo! Mail
To create an email account using Yahoo! Mail, you can visit the website of the email service provider, www.yahoo.com. From there, you can follow these simple steps:
- Open your web browser and type in the address for the Yahoo! site.
- Click on the Yahoo! Mail icon to access the email service.
- Look for the “Create My Account” button at the bottom of the web page and click on it.
- Fill in the online form that appears with your chosen identifier and password.
- Retype your password to confirm.
- Scroll down and click on the “Create My Account” button to complete the process.
Create an Email Account Using Gmail
Creating an email account is a simple process, and Gmail is one of the most popular email services available. With its intuitive interface and user-friendly features, Gmail is the preferred email service for millions of users worldwide. In this article, we will guide you through the step-by-step process of creating an email account using Gmail.
Step 1: Go to Gmail website
The first step is to go to the Gmail website. You can do this by typing in www.gmail.com in your browser or simply by searching for ‘Gmail’ in your preferred search engine.
Step 2: Click on ‘Create account
Once you are on the Gmail website, you will see a ‘Create account’ option. Click on it to start the account creation process.
Step 3: Enter your personal details
In the next step, you will be prompted to enter your personal details such as your first and last name, username, and password. Make sure you choose a strong password that is difficult to guess, but also easy for you to remember.
Step 4: Verify your phone number
After entering your personal details, you will be asked to verify your phone number. This is done to ensure the security of your account and to prevent any unauthorized access.
Step 5: Set up your profile
In the next step, you can set up your profile by uploading a profile picture and adding some personal information such as your location, occupation, and interests. This information is optional, and you can skip this step if you prefer.
Step 6: Agree to terms and conditions
Once you have set up your profile, you will be prompted to agree to the terms and conditions of using Gmail. Read through the terms and conditions carefully before agreeing to them.
Step 7: Congratulations! Your account is now created
Congratulations, you have now created your Gmail account. You can now start using your new email address to send and receive emails.
How To Open Your Email Account
After creating your email account, you can start using it to send and receive messages. To do this, you need to log on to your email service provider’s website, such as Yahoo.com, or gmail.com with your unique login name and password. From there, you can follow these steps to open and send emails:
- Open your web browser and type in the address for the Yahoo! site.
- Look for the “Mail” button on the Yahoo! webpage and click on it.
- Log in to your account using your login name and password.
- From the email screen, locate the “Compose Message” button and click on it.
- This will take you to a new email template.
- Under the “To” icon, type in the email address of the person you want to send the email.
- Under the “Subject” icon, type in the title of the email you want to send.
- Under the “CC” icon, type in the email address of anyone you want to send a copy of the email. This is optional.
- Type your message in the work area, which is the white area of the window.
- Locate and click on the “Send” button to send your email.
Setting up and using an email account is a simple process that requires a unique login name and password. By following the steps outlined above, you can easily create and use your email account to send and receive messages electronically.
Benefits of internet
- Economic Advantage: The internet provides a cost-effective way to access information and services compared to traditional means. With just an email, information can be transferred across borders at a fraction of the cost compared to other modes of communication.
- Rapid Access: The internet operates at lightning speed, and information is readily accessible with just a few clicks. With high-speed broadband connections, it’s easy to download and upload large files, stream videos, or access websites in mere seconds.
- Resource Sharing: The internet is a vast ocean of resources, including documents, images, audio files, and much more. With a click of a button, these resources can be accessed and shared with others worldwide, providing an incredible opportunity for collaborative work and learning.
- Global Reach: The internet provides global access to information and resources. It’s easy to connect with people from all over the world and to access information from different parts of the globe. This has helped to make the world a smaller place, bringing people closer together.
- Convenience: The internet provides a high level of convenience. Users can access information, shop, bank, and communicate from anywhere and at any time. This has made life easier and more efficient for people, especially those with busy schedules.
- Variety: The internet offers a wide variety of information, resources, and entertainment options. Users can access different types of content, such as news, videos, music, books, and more. This makes the internet a rich and diverse source of information and entertainment.
- Customisation: The internet allows for the customisation of content and services. Users can personalise their online experiences by setting preferences, creating profiles, and receiving targeted advertising. This makes the internet more engaging and relevant to users.
- Collaboration: The internet enables collaboration and communication between individuals and groups. Users can work on projects together, share ideas, and communicate in real time. This has led to the creation of virtual teams and the development of new business models and ideas.
- Education: The internet has transformed the way people learn and access educational resources. Online courses, e-books, and other educational materials are easily accessible, making education more affordable and accessible to a wider audience.
- Innovation: The internet has been a catalyst for innovation in different industries. New products, services, and technologies have been developed as a result of the internet, leading to new business opportunities and growth. The internet has also created new job opportunities in different sectors.
Abuses of internet
- Defrauding others: When the internet is used to deceive people for financial gain, it is considered to be abuse. This can happen through various means, such as phishing emails, fake websites, or investment scams.
- Stealing from others: The internet has made it easier for cybercriminals to steal personal information, money, and other valuables from unsuspecting victims. This can happen through hacking, identity theft, or other forms of cybercrime.
- Displaying pornographic images: While the internet has opened up new opportunities for people to access information and entertainment, it has also made it easier for pornographic content to be accessed by minors or people who do not wish to see it. When pornographic images are displayed without consent or appropriate warning, it is considered to be abuse.
- Accessing other people’s information without their consent: The internet is a treasure trove of personal information, including login details, financial data, and personal identifiers. When people access this information without the owner’s consent, it is considered to be abuse. This can happen through hacking, phishing, or other forms of cybercrime
- Cyberbullying: The internet has provided a platform for people to engage in hurtful and abusive behaviour towards others, known as cyberbullying. This can take many forms, including harassment, spreading rumours or lies, and making threatening or derogatory comments.
- Spread of misinformation: With the ease and speed of sharing information online, the spread of fake news and misinformation has become a serious problem. This can have far-reaching consequences, such as causing panic, spreading fear and anxiety, and even inciting violence.
- Piracy: The internet has made it easier to share and distribute copyrighted material, such as music, movies, and software. However, when people do so without permission or payment, it is considered to be an abuse of intellectual property rights.
- Online gambling: While online gambling can be a legitimate form of entertainment, it can also lead to addiction and financial ruin for some individuals. When people engage in online gambling to the point where it negatively impacts their lives, it is considered to be an abuse of the internet