Back to: Jss3 Cultural and Creative Art (C.C.A)
Topic: Creating Music/Sol-fa Notation Values
WEEK: 3 & 4
When it comes to making music, passion comes first. When someone has a strong enthusiasm for music, they are almost guaranteed to produce high-quality music. In addition to this, there must be a particular source of inspiration for the song. And since one is producing something, it is essential that it be unique. The music needs to have some sort of arrangement in the background; doing so will eventually result in its recording and notation.
Values of Sol-fa
The notation used to write down a piece of music is called sol-fa. In other words, it is beneficial to have an understanding of the movement and timing of a specific song. Understanding music can be greatly aided by using sol-fa as a notation system. It is a depiction of music in a visual format. Reading in uncommon clefs and reading or creating music notation for transposing instruments are made much easier as a result of this. In addition to this, it eliminates much of the mystique surrounding relative minors. The “Lah” represents the relative minor. In addition to that, it makes key signatures much simpler.
This is an example of the repetition of the stress placed on long and short consonants. To put it another way, it refers to the movement of sounds, most notably in music and speech. It focuses on the components of music that involve accents, measures or bars, the grouping of notes into beats, the grouping of measures into phrases, and other similar concepts. Benefits of Music for Physical Activity
Uses of Music
The importance of music in one’s life cannot be overstated. The following are some of the ways in which it has been beneficial to man and society across the globe:
• Ceremonial and Entertainment Purposes • Religious and Ritual Purposes • Communication Purposes • Educational Purposes • Advertising Purposes • Motivation at Work • Sports (to motivate the players and entertain the spectators) • Mass Mobilization Purposes • Healing and Therapeutic Purposes • Lullaby Purposes • Recreation Purposes • Mass Mobilization Purposes • Lullaby Purpose
The Influence that Music Has on Human Life
The following are some of the ways in which it is believed that music has had and continues to have an impact on human life.
• It is a body of knowledge.
• It assists in the creation of relationships.
• It generates awareness in the mass media.
• It generates happiness.
• It encourages brotherhood and unity.
• It sharpens and develops a man’s sense of imagination.
• It tames anger and soothes the souls of those who have been wronged.
• It is a form of communication that can be used.
• Engaging in this activity can be both enjoyable and relaxing.
• It can be a career or occupation. • It should be considered the central focus of one’s life..