Back to: Jss1 Cultural and Creative Art (C.C.A)
Topic: Introduction To Cultural And Creative Arts
Introduction To Cultural And Creative Arts
No one definition of “arts” is embraced by everyone. This is because it has a high level of complexity in terms of the variety of forms and kinds it may take and the historical and cultural origins it draws from. However, we may describe the arts more straightforwardly by saying that they are the applications, demonstrations, or representations of humans’ creative talents and imaginations. The arts can also be viewed as a subset of cultures encompassing various disciplines. The objective of the arts, in whatever form they are given, is to educate, instruct, and amuse people by allowing them to express their ideas, emotions, and imaginations.
This is about the arts, which give people a way to express themselves and are shaped by culture, which in turn helps to change the culture. As such, the skills reflect the external expression of the creative force that lies dormant inside man. This topic emphasizes art’s cultural and innovative components, recognizing that they go hand in hand. To suggest that cultural art activities such as traditional dance, drama, and music performed in theatres represent our culture and tradition in Nigerian society would be an understatement. On the other hand, man’s creativity manifests itself in a wide variety of ways.
Components Of Cultural And Creative Arts
4. Fine arts
5. Applied arts
6. Media arts
Functions Or Roles Of Cultural And Creative Art
1. During the practical sessions, students and children can uncover hidden skills inside themselves.
2. It gives children and students still in school an opportunity to get work experience during their free time.
3. It encourages the growth of the students and learners in both their mental and physical capabilities.
4. It allows children and students to learn the abilities necessary in any art department.
5. It provides a forum through which pupils and students may get associated with their own culture as well as the cultures of others, as expressed via the performing arts, visual arts, and dance.
Importance and Uses of Cultural and Creative Arts
- Children’s engagement is increased by using several senses as they learn through creative art.
- Brain growth may be increased via participation in musical activities.
- The use of creativity in decorating is every day.
- Music plays a vital role in social gatherings.
- Children are more likely to enjoy their time spent studying and at school if they are exposed to creative arts and music.
- Relaxation and amusement may both be achieved via the use of music.
- The fields of applied art and design are responsible for the development of communication and advertising.
- The use of drama in the documentation of history.
- The performing arts and musical expression are essential components of cultural celebrations.
- The literary arts are used for education, the documentation of history, and relaxation.
- The production of as well as the covering of our household and workplace furniture.
- It is a significant component of both job generation and independent employment.
- Utilized in the production of news and other products related to information.
- Theatrical performance can interpret and express feelings in ways that go beyond words.